Thursday, May 21, 2009

No more Diapers?


I must say that she is so silly sometimes. She is definitely the funnier of the two and will do anything for a laugh. She grabbed these underwear when i was doing laundry and called it her hat and then got to mad when i took them off!

I have been very hesitant to write or share that Naomi has been potty training b/c I was not sure if it was a phase or could it possibly be the real deal? Nathan was at least 2 1/2 when we started with him and she is 20 months. Since she thinks she can do everything that Nathan can....she decided she wanted to use the potty. It was quite funny at first convincing her that she must sit down instead of following her brother in the oh so convenient way of standing! She has been interested for months and would just go whenever she wanted but the past 3 weeks I decided to see if she really could do it...and now she has been accident free for a week and I haven't even put a diaper on her at naps (mostly b/c i am lazy.)

I am sure we will have some bumps along the way....but i am just so thankful that I haven't bought diapers for a month and have gotten a pay raise in my grocery budget!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Woohoo, way to go Naomi!

Nick, Annie, Aiden, Sophie and Clip said...

Amazing! I keep hoping that Clip will want to train soon and keep trying to put him on the potty when it is convenient.
Not only is he pretty clueless as to what is supposed to happen, he also shows very little interest!
And since I know potty training to be 90% interest/desire....I know we've got a long way to go! :)
But I'm thrilled for you and Naomi! I could really use a boost in the grocery budget too! ;)
~annie