Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My friend Susan and a game

This is a picture of Max, Briggs and Nathan before we left St. Louis

I wanted to blog about my friend Susan Maynor. She is one of the people that the Lord used in my life so greatly when we were in St. Louis. I was able to help her with her children when her dear husband was in the late stages of Lung Cancer. Her sweet boys were 16 months and 3 when I first met them. I was pregnant with Nathan and was able to be involved in their lives until I was pregnant with Naomi and Eric graduated from Covenant Seminary. I had the privilege for 2 years to be involved in their lives and learn about life from Susan who was raising her two boys as a young widow. I was able to be over at her house, watching her live life and love on her kids 2-3 days a week. She taught me so much about the Lord and being a godly mom. I organize my kitchen cabinets like her and try to feed my kids like her now! Mostly she taught me how to embrace the Lord in the midst of circumstances that are your biggest fear! Her courage in the Lord has been such a huge example to me. Her hope in Heaven has reminded me all the time... that the Lord never leaves you and he has so much waiting for us! Anyway, i am so thankful for you Susan! I know that your boys are growing into men that will always know how deeply the Lord loves them and how they are made for Heaven.

O.K. now onto the game part. Susan tagged me for this game of fives!

How it works:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?
Newly Married and working with Eric at FPC working with youth and college students

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. Go walking in the a.m
2. Change the kids sheets
3. Work on a Hebrews Bible study
4. mop
5. write thank you notes for Naomi's birthday presents

What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Brownies
2. Brownies
3. Brownies
4. Brownies
5. Brownies

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Buy Eric a recording studio
2. Give to my friends the Mixon's that are missionaries in Kenya
3. Get new carpet for my house ( how many pee stains can a carpet handle!)
4. Give my parents enough to not have to worry about working anymore
5. Set up funds for the kids for school ( I hope HOPE will still be around for them!)

What are five of your bad habits?
1. Committing to too much
2. Not getting up early enough
3. not relaxing with Eric
4. licking my fingers
5. singing too loud

What are five places where you have lived?
1. Griffin, Ga
2. Valdosta, Ga
3. St. Louis, MO
4. Macon, Ga.
5. Jacksonville, Fl.

What are five jobs you've had?
1. Woman's Director with College students with Campus Outreach
2. Substitute teacher
3. Waitress
4. Medical Assistant for a Dermatologist
5. Mom

Five people I tag:
1. Shannon W.
2. Amy W.
3. Aspa C.
4. Kristen D.
5. Alyssa R.

No comments: