Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sad day for me

Today was Naomi's 2 month check- up at the pediatrician's office. Her digestive problems have seemed to continue and not let up. He kept calling it colic and I told him I thought it was different than Nathan's colic so I didn't think it was colic. He said that is b/c it was severe colic! "Goodness" I thought. How have I survived 9 weeks of such sad crying? He continued to say that he really recommended that I try this pre- digested formula. My eyes welled up with tears. He said that he would do it with his own child to see if it will help her hurting and ours. He said to give it 3 days to see if it helps. If it helps then she just could not digest my milk, but if she does not do better in 3 days then it is just her tummy and it will time to develop. I am not sure if I want it to work or not. I have been so emotional today. I am not ready to stop nursing and I will be so sad- but of course I want what will make her feel better and make my family more rested. Even Nathan wakes up during the night with her hurting. Pray for us. I know it is a little struggle in the big scheme of struggles.
Oh, by the way she is growing great. The doctor said that babies with colic are usually fat b/c it hurts their stomach if it is empty. She is 75th percentile weighing 11lbs 13 oz. She is 95th percentile in length, being 24 1/4th inches long.

1 comment:

Nick, Annie, Aiden, Sophie and Baby Clip said...

so can you tell yet if its helping? i can understand how you would be so sad either way! what a hard place to be in! we'll be praying for you. keep updating when you get the chance!
~annie