Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More baby drama

So, after all my complaining about Naomi's crying- the Lord reminded me of all we have to be thankful for. As we were getting ready for church on Sunday night, Eric noticed Naomi wasn't feeling well. She had just awoken from a nap and was moaning some. We took her temperature and it was 102.5! I remembered the Dr. saying to not let a newborn have a temperature higher than 100.4- and I immediately freaked out. We went to the after hours Dr.'s office. When they checked her temp. it was 104.5!!!!!! They ran a bunch of tests and realized she had an urinary tract infection and admitted her to the hospital for antibiotics and further tests. We stayed Sunday and Monday night and came home late morning today. she is back to normal- but will have some x-rays and further tests to see if it is linked to her bladder or kidneys next week.
Being a parent is a lot harder than I ever realized.

4 comments:

Hurst Family said...

Hi Annette! I appreciate you posting on my blog. My heart just aches as I read all your posts. I am praying for a fully developed digestive tract for little Naomi!! She is beautiful, though! And these few months will fly by - just remember how quickly they went by with Nathan. I remember telling you in college to get some sleep, and you would tell me that you'd sleep in heaven!! I guess those days were preparing you for such a time as this!
I love you and am praying for you.
Tara

Nick, Annie, Aiden, Sophie and Baby Clip said...

Bless your hearts! You were smart to go in immediately! I know it has been rough! Hang in there!
~annie

shmaynor said...

Oh, Annette! I'm so sorry. Deep breath. One step at a time, right? We are praying for you!

Shannon said...

I just got caught up on your blog and am so sorry about all this- so hard. We continue to miss you here-

Lots of love-

Shannon