Saturday, September 29, 2007

oh baby!

Naomi is 5 1/2 weeks and i have been holding out that her crying will get better- but i have to be honest and say- it hasn't. I know that is what babies do- cry- but not screaming in pain- and not during the day and night! I went to the pediatrician on thursday to just see if there was anything else for us to do for her. He gave her some acid reflux medicine and some drops for stomach cramping and said she has an immature digestive tract b/c she grunts and strains all the time. I can't remember one nap that she hasn't woken up from early in pain. He also suggested that she might not be able to digest my milk and that after a couple of weeks we might have to try some partially digested formula (sounds pretty gross). I am hoping not- that would be really sad. We are all pretty sleep deprived and on edge. It is hard to watch a baby hurt. Nathan has gotten better with the crying and just says "oh no, Naomi"
On a thankful note- it is starting to feel like fall.
I look forward to going for walks, pumkin spice lattes(though i am not suppossed to drink milk), football season and no more mosiqitos.

1 comment:

shmaynor said...

I had a pumpkin spice latte the other day and thought of you. We miss you.